betterbehomesoon.

All songs are for promotional purposes, should be enjoyed as such and shall be taken down at the artist's request. If you like what you hear then get down to Amazon and get buying, or else! For the idiots out there *cough* debs *cough* to save the songs then right click and press save target as durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I'm great. I also have the worst taste in music in the history of the world. Except for Phil. He just beats me.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

He's Coming To Get Ya

I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance. I love the creeping takeover of television by 19 productions. They took music five years ago, television now, what's next? I'm amazed at how well Cat Deeley is doing though, and how short she makes all the little dancing men with their silly hair look. Bless.

Right this is going to be a bit of an epic post, aimed as a 'best of 2006' but may very well stray. The problem is that most of the time i've already posted stuff that would have been in my top 10 - Midlake, The Format, Cold War Kids, Girl Talk, ie all that could be described as the 'acceptable' end of my musical taste. Hmm. Lets see where this takes us then...

10. The Wombats are apparently British (not a good thing), young and upandcoming. I haven't read NME in ages but i'm sure they'll get jumped on soon. However while i'm basking in having got tickets to their gig in Jan they get to be in this list by virtue of the awesomeness of this song

The Wombats - Backfire @ The Disco

9. I actually only really love this song because it starts off like a Bryan Adams song, then goes a bit Texasey and then the man sings and I feel a little sad. It still is heavily awesome.

Captain - Glorious

8. I was pretty pissed off this morning because I went to see if any decent bands were playing in London soon and there are loads! Cleverly at the time where my bank balance is most crying in pain. Killers, Cat Empire, Eagle*Seagull, Midlake, Ted Leo (!! now cancelled, phew), The Wombats, and this bloke Donavon Frankenreiter. He is isn't the most original of artists and drifts far too close to Jack Johnson territory for my liking but this song just rocks. It's probably a bit like Jamairoqui without him being a tosser, crossed with Maroon 5. That doesn't sound great does it? This is why I decided against pursuing a career in music journalism, possibly one of my most sensible choices.

Donavon Frankenreiter - Move By Yourself

7. Do you know what, i'm going to cheat. Because i've never been one for rules, particularly self imposed ones (up to the 23rd in my advent calendar, i'm clearly going to burn in hell). THIS is the best Cold War Kids song, they are fab and I don't care if no one else seems to agree.(damn you Pitchfork!)

Cold War Kids - We Used To Vacation

6. (imagine the Format are here. probably with Time Bomb)

5. Hahaha this list was looking much too sensible. The world needs the Black Eyed Peas. The world needs the Pussycat Dolls. But most of all the world -needs- Fergie because she is so hilariously awful she somehow manages to spill into genius. Yes the video was completely inaccurate. Yes the cd cover contained the wrong 'London Bridge'. And yes, I still don't know, or want to know, what her 'Venice' is. BUT this still rocks.

Fergie - London Bridge

4. Continuing the push downwards we have the almighty My Chemical Romance. I always wanted to be a proper rock kid when I was at school but could only bring myself to buy the trainers. The baggy trousers and silly eye makeup always seemed a little unnecessary. My Chem appease the inner emo-kid in me and seem to have imbibed the spirit of Queen in the new album. Little surreal but this song is fantastic and has Liza Minnelli singing in the background. Or so Wikipedia has told me. I'm quite gullible so it might not be true but it makes me happy to think it is.

My Chemical Romance - Mama

3. Oo I forgot how much I liked this song. Bit of proper camp dance pop, it's all good. It's a bit like Coronation Street in a song. Without the Northerners. And all the bizaare incest stuff that is going on at the moment, eww. 'feels so good you know that it's so wrong'.indeed. Does he actually sing 'oo-er'? Oh dear.

Dangerous Muse - Give Me Danger

2. Apparently this song is in an Orange advert. This makes me want to use sad smilies. Mr Owen is fabulous and has one of the best live shows i've ever seen (four times now i think, i win). I'm not sure if he works quite as well on record but this song/album/artist (whatever the hell this list is meant to be)gets a nice high charting by virtue of having a silly name. There is a method in this madness.

Final Fantasy - Peach Plum Pear

1. Well this isn't really what i was expecting from a Best of list. And to be fair these things always end up hideously weighted towards this end of the year. Thus this song can be considered my best song of the past two months. Nelly Furtado probably wins song of the year with 'All things...' but this is a similarly fantastic pop song and confirms that Jamelia should possibly be considered more than just a one (or two, maybe three) hit wonder.

Jamelia - Beware of The Dog

Hmm not sure i'm happy with this list. Have the Pet Shop Boys too, this song was used when England lost to whoever, lots of people, in the World Cup, and thus triggers off the sadness reaction before I come to my senses and realise that I didn't care that because there were no West Ham players in the team and so they deserved to lose. Bah Humbug. This song is lovely.

Pet Shop Boys - Numb

Informative. Varied. A truly epic blog post, I applaud myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home