betterbehomesoon.

All songs are for promotional purposes, should be enjoyed as such and shall be taken down at the artist's request. If you like what you hear then get down to Amazon and get buying, or else! For the idiots out there *cough* debs *cough* to save the songs then right click and press save target as durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I'm great. I also have the worst taste in music in the history of the world. Except for Phil. He just beats me.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I Can See The Venom In Their Eyes

Right well as it has been a while (tm. Staind) I figure i'm allowed to post lots. My trip to New York only yielded one new musical discovery, which to most other people won't be a discovery at all. Anyway so I saw Snakes on a Plane, which is utterly dreadful in a sublimely hilarious way and has this wonderful song as its theme:

Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) - Cobra Starship

In typical fashion on the friday we left NYC one of the few remaining artists I -have-to-see-before-I-die (Pearl Jam are on this list, t-minus 24 hours) the wonderful Ted Leo was playing. Arse. Instead I comforted myself by imagining he is probably a lot better on record than live (/lie). Anyway this was the first song of his I heard, perfect pop creation that it is:

Me & Mia - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

Time for my once weekly (ignoring the fact that most of my songs could at a stretch be played there) 'NG1-song!' slot. Today we have Cassius who if I could be bothered to google i'm sure I would find had a song about five years ago, something about sun or water? Anyway he is a french dance bloke and has made this insanely catchy slice i've brought you:

Toot Toot - Cassius

Ending on a high we have a remix/mashup by a guy called DJ Earworm. Now I know what you are thinking, she only downloaded it because he has a silly name, and in many respects you are correct, however on the first listening I was grabbed by the sample about two fifths of the way through which I later discovered is by a band called Under the Influence of Giants. Name sounds a bit Oasis. Hmm. But yeah the original song is nowhere near as good as this so enjoy:

Over the Confluence of Giants - DJ Earworm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home